- Docker application needs to be running
Check if you have an SSH key and copy it:
- If the output is blank, create a public key:
ssh-keygen -b 2048 -t rsa
Add the custom configuration
- Set up a directory for configuration settings:
- Add the SSH Public key to the "authorized_keys" file:
cat <PUBLIC_KEY_PATH> > /tmp/config/authorized_keys
- Insert the ZEDEDA GUI FQDN into the
serverfile by running:
cat <<EOF > /tmp/config/server
zedcloud.zededa.netis being used in this example.
- Add the configuration to the "global.json" file by running:
cat <<EOF > /tmp/config/global.json
Download and create the custom image installer
- Execute the Docker command to generate the image file for the required EVE version. In the example below, the latest version will be downloaded.
docker run -v /tmp/config:/in lfedge/eve:latest -f raw installer_raw > installer-ssh.raw
- Refer to Flash your EVE-OS image for guidance on installing EVE-OS onto your USB device.
Connect to your device through SSH using your private key. Run the following command.
ssh -i YOUR_PRIVATE_KEY_PATH root@DEVICE_IP