Time-Based One-Time Password (TOTP) is a feature of ZEDEDA Cloud that enables you to further secure your enterprise account with two-factor authentication (2FA). 2FA adds an additional step to your login procedure, requiring you to enter a unique, perishable code in addition to your password.
This guide explains how to enable and manage 2FA for Zededa Cloud.
You must have a TOTP-compatible authenticator application. Any application that adheres to RFC 6283 specifications will work. Some common apps are Google Authenticator, Authy, and FreeOTP.
Note that if you lose access to your authenticaor app for any reason, an administrator of your enterprise will need to disable 2FA for your user account using the ZEDEDA API.
Note that at this time, you can only manage 2FA settings using the ZEDEDA GUI.
Enable 2FA for a ZEDEDA Cloud user
To set up 2FA for your own user account in ZEDEDA Cloud, follow these steps:
- Log in to the ZEDEA GUI.
- Click on your user profile dropdown, located in the top right area of the GUI.
- Hover over your user name and select User Details.
- Notice the following info box at the top of the User Details page.
- Click Change Settings. The 2FA setup page will appear.
- Follow the prompts to set up 2FA for your user account.
- After you successfully enable 2FA, you will be logged out of ZEDEDA Cloud and redirected to the log in page.
- Log back in to ZEDEDA Cloud using 2FA.
This procedure is represented visually by the following diagram.