Enterprise represents every customer in ZEDEDA. The ZEDEDA support team will create the Enterprise as part of the onboarding process. The admin and support user accounts are also created as part of the enterprise onboarding. The credentials for the admin account will be passed to the customer and can be used for administrative purposes.
2. Enterprise Operations using ZedUI
After you log in to ZedControl:
Step 1 > Click on the Administration () icon to land on the Enterprise section.
ZEDEDA has control over this operation. You cannot create an Enterprise.
After logging in to ZedControl, the read operation shows the 'Details' section.
The field values such as 'Name' and 'Title' along with the description, if any, can be seen.
b) Authentication Profile
More details about authentication are provided in the update operation.
c) Third-Party Integrations
Starting with ZedControl Release 6.3.0, you can integrate third-party tools such as Splunk with ZedControl. The data of all the events generated within your Enterprise is sent to the configured Splunk.
Starting with ZedControl Release 6.8.0, the Rancher plugin is integrated with ZedControl. You can now create an integration plugin for Rancher where the user can mention Rancher connection details.
After logging in to ZedControl, click on the Administration () icon to land on the Enterprise details section.
Update/Edit the 'Details' section using the following steps:
- Step 1 > Click on the Edit () icon.
Note: Only admin users can access the Edit () option.
- Step 2 > Edit the realm of your Enterprise if required.
Note: Starting with ZedControl Release 6.12.0, enterprise-level customizations are available for logo, primary brand color, and secondary brand color.
- Step 3 > Click on the 'Save' button.
- Step 4 > Under the authentication profile section, you can update the profile from the following available list.
- Step 5 > If you select 'Custom' under authentication provider, enter the details mentioned in the table below.
- Step 6 > Click on the 'Save' button.
- Step 7 > You can add one of the following third-party integrations:
Select how to authenticate new users.
|Authentication Type(*)||Only OAuth is supported as an authentication type currently.|
|Profile Name(*)||Select a name for the custom profile.|
|Client ID(*)||Public identifier of ZEDEDA application as registered in the authentication provider.|
|Client Secret(*)||Client secret as provisioned in the authentication provider. Known only to the server and the client(in this case, ZEDEDA).|
|OpenID Connect Endpoint(*)||The endpoint of the authentication provider. Must be OIDC compliant.|
|Scope||OIDC claims to identify application roles. This is useful when application role management is also done at the OIDC provider. By default, the 'roles' claim is used to pick application roles.|
|Default Role for New Users(*)||If no roles are specified via the 'scope' argument, this role is assigned to all new users authenticated by the OIDC provider.|
- Step 8 > Add the third-party integration name.
- Step 9 > Select the category from the dropdown list:
- Remote Orchestration
- Step 10 > Select from the dropdown list:
- Step 11 > Click on the 'Save' button.
- Step 12 > Add more integrations by clicking 'Add Integrations' button.
Note: More details about the third-party integration are covered in section 3 of this document.
ZEDEDA has control over this operation. You cannot delete an Enterprise.
3. Third-Party Integrations
- Step 1 > Click on the Administration () icon.
- Step 2 > Click on the 'Add Integration' button.
- Step 3 > Add the third-party integration name.
- Step 4 > Select the category from the dropdown list. In this case, it is 'Remote Orchestration.'
- Step 5 > Select from the dropdown list. In this case, it is 'Rancher.'
- Step 6 > Select authentication type from the dropdown group list:
- API Token
- User Credentials
Select 'API Token' in this case.
Following steps details how to obtain the 'API Token' from Rancher.
- Step 7 > Login to the Rancher portal by providing the credentials.
- Step 8 > Click on the user name icon.
- Step 9 > Select 'API & Keys' from the dropdown list.
- Step 10 > Click on the 'Add Key' button.
Step 11 > Provide the necessary values as shown and click on the 'Create' button.
Step 12 > Copy the 'API Key' generated by clicking the copy symbol as shown.
Step 13 > Back to ZedControl. Paste the 'API Key' copied from the Rancher portal.
Step 14 > Click on the 'Save' button.
The added Rancher integration details are as shown below.