This article describes how to add a container as an edge application type.
- Log in to the ZEDEDA GUI.
- Hover over Marketplace on the left side nav and click on Edge Apps.
- Click on the icon + to create a new edge app.
- Select Container as the Edge App Type.
- Fill in the Identity section. Note the following fields.
- Name: This value can't be changed later.
- Version: Provide the version of your edge application.
- Configure the Resources section. Note the following field.
- Resource: You can choose either a pre-configured size profile or specify custom values for CPU, Memory, and Storage.
- Fill in the Drives section. Choose an existing image or upload one as instructed in our guide to Edge App Images
- Fill in the Environments section by clicking on Add Environment. Note the following fields.
- Direct Attach: Check if you're using the hardware resource directly, known as Passthrough.
- Add inbound rules section by clicking on Add Rule.
- Edge App Port, Rate, Burst: Specify these if Action is set to Limit.
- Determine if you need to add a custom configuration template. For information, see our guide on Custom Configuration Edge Application.
- Fill in the Developer Info section. Note the following fields.
- Agreement: A place to include specific agreements about services offered or standards complied with.
- Support Description: Add relevant support contacts or instructions.
- Click the Add button to add the container edge application.
- Verify your new addition by checking for it in the ZEDEDA Marketplace.